TRAVEL UPDATE COVID-19
Posted 8:30am 17/11/2021
The Northern Territory Government has advised of a mask mandate for the entire Northern Territory effective from 12pm 16 November to 6pm 22nd November 2021. It is mandatory to wear masks whilst on board SeaLink ferry & bus services (unless you have an exemption).
Please visit the NT Government website for up to date information: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au
Tiwi Islands Ferry Service
- The Tiwi Islands ferry service will continue to operate as scheduled.
Mandorah Ferry Service
- The Mandorah ferry service is operating on the normal timetable.
Groote Eylandt Transport Services
- Services from Groote Eylandt to Numbulwar have been cancelled for Friday 19th November and Monday 22nd November. The ferry service between Groote Eylandt and Bickerton Island will operate as normal on those days. The Groote Eylandt bus service will continue to operate as normal.
At SeaLink we are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, and operations. We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your state or territory government health department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Please ensure that you check in using the Territory Check In App, every time you board our vessels.
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my tour/cruise?
If the tourism experience you have purchased with a SeaLink Travel Group operator has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
- a travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you within the next 3 years
- a 100% refund excluding third-party costs.
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If you have an existing booking and you wish to change your travel dates, we will waive any amendment fees if you book your travel dates within 12 months of the original booked travel dates.
Please note: If any third-party or supplier costs change before the new travel dates, additional costs may be incurred.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If you wish to cancel your travel altogether you can either choose:
- 100% travel credit to use at a time that suits you on any of SeaLink Travel Group’s products (to use within 12 months of the original booking date), or
- a 100% refund excluding any third-party costs.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory.